The NCBOA has been providing quality basketball officials to High Schools in the CIF-North Section within the central Sacramento Valley for over 50 years. The Association provides officials for High Schools within the greater Chico and Marysville/Yuba City regions and between as well as some outlaying areas. Members of the NCBOA have gone on to officiate at the Junior College and College levels.
NCBOA is a training organization for people who are interested in officiating High School and youth basketball. The objectives of the Association are to:
- Elevate the standards of officiating
- Provide training for the correct interpretation of the rules and mechanics
- Promote good fellowship among members
- Secure a close cooperation and understanding between inter-school athletic officers, players, coaches, fans,members of the press, and officials
- Encourage and assist in developing new officials
- Foster a high standard of ethics Further the interest of athletics generally by fostering a proper spirit of sportsmanship and fair play
Membership in the NCOA-Chico requires the following:
(1) official pays current dues at the start of the season,
(2) pass examinations with satisfactory marks, and
(3) demonstrate satisfactory ability.
No previous experience is required. The Association provides both classroom and on-court training. The general membership meetings begin in October and end in January. The Association is seeking highly motivated and responsible individuals who desire to become involved in the game of basketball. Being a member of the NCBOA is a rewarding experience that provides camaraderie among your fellow officials and a mental and physical challenge that is both satisfying and rewarding.